WARE SPORTS ACADEMY
Mailing address:6175 Hickory Flat HWY, Ste 110-191 Canton, GA 30115 678-999-2694 Msg 678-880-0443 Fax
Mission: Ware Prep Sports Academy will create and foster an environment that provides opportunities for student-athletes to enrich their athletic experience through participation on athletic teams, which are competitive at the state and national levels. We are dedicated to providing opportunities, which will enhance the intellectual, physical, social, moral cultural development of the whole person, while conducting all activities with honesty and integrity in accordance with the principles of good sportsmanship and ethical conduct.
- Dr. Mamie Ware – Co-founder/Chief Academic Officer/President (PhD in Biology, 25+ years of teaching and administration at the collegiate level)
- Greg Ware, MBA – Co-founder/Chief Executive Officer (12+ years of entrepreneurial ship, and college professor)
In 2007 we open our doors in Atlanta Ga. We had 65 male student athletes, which made up our football and two basketball teams. These students came from high school coaches, parents who wanted a better life for their child and word of mouth marketing. Both the basketball and football teams competed in the freelance league playing elite prep schools such as Oak Hill Academy and Fort Union Military Academy in Virginia. We placed 81% of that class into college on scholarships.
Educational Goals are:
- To offer a bridge curriculum for student’s grades 10 – 12 that upon satisfactory completion will result in a High School diploma.
- Help students throughout the U. S. and abroad to qualify academically for the college of their choice by increasing their SAT or ACT scores.
- To provide life-enhancing skills and structure that will be beneficial throughout their lives.
- To offer after-school tutoring with basketball training
- All students are capable of learning clear and concise communication skill
- All students are actively involved in writing across the curriculum to ensure that their writing is organized, relevant and engaging.
- All students are provided with a variety of individual and collaborative instructional approaches to support their learning.
- All students are successful when parents, teachers, administrators and coaches work together through effective communication.
- All students, teachers, administrators, coaches and community parents will engage in collaborative programs for the development of self-esteem, respect for others, integrity, compassion, tolerance and commitment as a means of enhancing learning.
- We are a product of our environment and our environment is a product of us.
Students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin are admitted to all the rights, privileges, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at WARE Prep Academy of Atlanta. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in its administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.